The Administrative Dental Assistant - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Now in full color, The Administrative Dental Assistant is revised to reflect the latest information on operating a dental office. It’s logically organized to cover all of the various tasks an administrative dental assistant encounters. It includes up-to-date CDT-5 Dental Codes, new HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) guidelines, plus current examples of key equipment, forms, and computer technology. A companion CD-ROM simulates dental practice management, offering opportunities to enter and update patient data, post payment and treatment procedures using dental codes, submit e-claims for payment, evaluate reports, and schedule appointments.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- HIPAA guidelines are included in the text and highlighted in boxes, highlighting current information on privacy practices.
- More than 100 new or colorized images reinforce key points and provide examples of important topics and procedures.
- Full-color design offers authentic color images and highlights key points.
- A companion Evolve® website features:
- Chapter elements including key terms and objectives
- Expansive image collection from the text
- Links to related content and additional information available on the Internet
- Remember boxes highlight important chapter points
- Procedure boxes offer step-by-step procedural guides for typical and/or complicated dental administrative assistant tasks.
- Food For Thought boxes provide supplemental information to that in the text.
- Patient File Folder Mock-Up simulates and describes a complete patient file folder, with examples of all of the forms typically included.
- Critical Thinking questions are presented at the end of each chapter, based on chapter content.
- Web Watch provides Internet links in each chapter for additional related information.
- A companion CD-ROM offers interactive exercises, with activities simulating the daily tasks performed by a typical administrative dental assistant.
By Linda J Gaylor, RDA, BPA, MEd, Coordinator, Curriculum and Instruction; San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools; Regional Occupational Program, Career Training, and Support Services; San Bernardino, California