Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Techniques of Manual Examination
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination, 8th Edition is the original handbook of manual evaluation of muscular strength. In addition to offering traditional methods for assessing and grading skeletal muscle function, the book provides a comprehensive section on muscle anatomy and innervations that rounds out the testing chapters by linking muscle topography and function. This edition includes a new DVD of tests and procedures video clips that supplement the tests explained in the book.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Companion DVD features video of over 100 muscle tests illustrating the art and technique of muscle testing in a clinical setting.
- Updated references for each chapter feature the most current information available.
- Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
- Clearly identifies each muscle in the body by a constant reference number that can be found indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region and Ready Reference Anatomy to help the reader quickly identify any muscle.
- Richly illustrated to clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation for more accurate practice.
By Jacqueline Montgomery, MA, PT, Former Director of Physical Therapy, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, CA; Former Clinical Professor, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA and Jacqueline Montgomery, MA, PT, Former Director of Physical Therapy, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, CA; Former Clinical Professor, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA