Equine Surgery - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; The most comprehensive text available on equine surgery, this book prepares the veterinary surgeon for managing each surgical condition by understanding its pathophysiology and evaluating alternative surgical approaches. Explanations describe how to avoid surgical infections, select and use instruments, and perfect fundamental surgical techniques including incisions, cautery, retractions, irrigation, surgical suction, wound closure, dressings, bandages, and casts.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More minimally invasive surgical techniques
- A section on anesthesia has been re-introduced to this edition
- Thorough and complete coverage means this is the only book practitioners and students need.
- World-renowned contributors include 67 of the most experienced and expert equine practitioners, each providing current and accurate information.
- This text covers all the information needed to study for the American and European College of Veterinary Surgeons Board Examination, making it an excellent study tool.
- Coverage of anesthesiology and pain management is reintroduced in this edition.
- Extensive and up-to-date orthopedic coverage includes joint disorders and joint trauma.
- Integumentary system coverage includes wound management, reconstructive surgery, and skin grafting.
- Other important topics include the alimentary system, cardiovascular surgery, and new techniques in vascular surgery.
Roy Gottschalk, B.Com., BVSc,. M. Med. Vet (CHIR)Pret.
This book is the most comprehensive up to date equine surgery book available.
By Jorg A. Auer, Dr Med Vet, MS, Diplomate ACVS, ECVS, Professor of Surgery, Director, Veterinary Surgery Clinic, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland and John A. Stick, DVM, Diplomate ACVS, Professor and Chief of Staff, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI