Veterinary Dental Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
The third edition of Veterinary Dental Techniques continues to serve as an easy-to-use, practical guide to dental techniques and materials for the small animal practitioner. Covers a wide range of topics including examination and charting, routine and advanced periodontal care, endodontic treatment, orthodontics, dental anesthesia, and ergonomics.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter on maxillofacial fractures
- New chapter on regional and local anesthesia
- Completely updated list of manufacturers and sources of dental materials
- Expanded coverage of general health safety and ergonomics in the veterinary dental workplace
- Presents a complete and practical approach to dental examination and charting, routine and advanced periodontal care, endodontic treatment, restorative dentistry, orthodontics, fracture fixation, anesthesia and analgesia
- Features step-by-step instructions with clear illustrations for successfully planning and treating a wide spectrum of dental procedures
- All chapters have been completely revised and updated with the most current information
- Includes helpful home-care and post-operative instructions for clients
- Consistently formatted chapters include general comments, indications, contraindications, and advantages and disadvantages for all techniques and dental materials
- Offers guidelines for starting or expanding a dental department for your practice
- Contains an in-depth discussion of the wide range of equipment and instruments that will allow you to provide the highest standard of dental care for your patients
- Provides recommendations for the care and maintenance of your dental operatory
- Includes a completely updated appendix of manufacturers and sources of dental materials
“This new edition provides a great range of step-by-step instructions of various dental procedures. In 10 chapters one can read about dental and oral problems, treatment planning, instrumentation, materials, advantages and disadvantages of most of the presented techniques. The reader will find out how to solve periodontal, orthodontic or endodontic problems, how to properly extract teeth, how home care and prophylaxis should follow treatment, and how to manage oro-facial fractures. Reliable advice is also given on the prevention of back-pain syndrome in operators.
The authors are some of the most important people in the field of small animal dentistry. They have published papers and spoken at most congresses and have taken part in the development of dentistry for years.
Illustrations are a very strong side of the book…New illustrations, real x-rays and lots of up-to-date information, comments and recommendations make this book very useful to general practitioners and dental specialists, both of whom will fins it an inspiring source of information.”
Reviewed by Jerzy Gawor DVM (PL), for EJCAP, vol 17, October 2007
By Steven E. Holmstrom, DVM, Diplomate, AVDC, American Veterinary Dental College, San Carlos, CA; Patricia Frost Fitch, DVM, Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College, Vancouver, WA and Edward R. Eisner, DVM, Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College, Denver, CO