Veterinary Laboratory Medicine - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Interpretation and Diagnosis
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
This book is designed to indicate which tests are most clinically useful for the dog, cat, horse, and ruminant, with suggestions for diagnostic applications and interpretations of results. It provides differential diagnostic considerations using algorithms and tables. Practical, clinically-oriented, user-friendly information is ideal for the instruction and diagnostic application of the elements that comprise laboratory medicine.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
· All the chapters have been updated with new material.
· Four pages of full-color illustrations have been added to enhance the cytology chapter.
· Logical organization makes it easy to locate specific tests.
· Coverage addresses the dog, cat, horse, and ruminant.
· Each chapter begins with a summary or introduction leading into the more detailed aspects of the material.
· Full-color illustrations enhance the chapters on Cytology and Hematology.
· Four case histories per chapter are conveniently located in a section at the end of the book.
· Algorithms are placed in a separate section at the back of the book with a table of contents for quick reference.
· Reference Intervals provide normal hematology and serum chemistry values.
· Conversion Tables convert conventional units to SI units.
By Denny Meyer, DVM, DACVIM, DACVP, Executive Director, Navigator Services, Charles River Preclinical Services, Reno, NV and John W. Harvey, DVM, PhD, DACVP, Executive Associate Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL