Radiology of Birds - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
An Atlas of Normal Anatomy and Positioning
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Use this atlas to interpret radiographic images and make accurate diagnoses! Hundreds of high-quality images clearly demonstrate normal avian anatomic and radiographic features in a wide variety of species so that you can recognize abnormal features. This book includes detailed directions for patient positioning along with radiographic exposure guidelines, ensuring that you obtain the highest quality diagnostic images.Table of Contents
- Complete directions for positioning during radiographic examination help you take high-quality radiographs for accurate interpretation.
- Radiographic exposure guidelines are provided for each species and radiographic view, so you can determine optimal settings and technique.
- Line drawings are superimposed on radiographic images, so you can identify anatomic structures accurately.
- Alternative imaging studies - including CT, MRI, ultrasound, GI, urogram, and other contrast media studies -allow advanced diagnostic interpretation.
- A companion CD includes all of the radiographic images in the book for digital monitor viewing.
"This is a well-written, thoroughly referenced, and highly practical book for rehabilitation clinicians who work with patients with spinal cord injury. While there are other books that train rehabilitation therapists about spinal cord injury management, this book provides somewhat more of an evidence base to support the practices."
By Sam Silverman, DVM, PhD, DACVR, Clinical Professor, Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, University of California - Davis and Lisa Tell, DVM, PhD, DABVP(Avian), DACZM, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, University of California - Davis