Slatter's Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Recognize, diagnose, and manage a vast range of common and important ocular conditions with the latest edition of this trusted reference. Extensively revised and updated by a team of internationally respected contributors, this edition provides a comprehensive, yet practically oriented, diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease, covering structure and function, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, pharmacology, and emergency management for a wide variety of small and large animal species.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully updated diagnostic methods, pharmacologic therapies, and surgical procedures help you provide the most current, effective care.
- Extensively updated content reflects the clinical expertise of three new, internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists.
- Full-color format with nearly 1000 photographic images and step-by-step, illustrated procedures helps you recognize, diagnose and treat ocular conditions medically and surgically.
- A new chapter on the ophthalmology of birds and other exotic species provides expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular companion species.
- A new chapter on ocular manifestations of systemic disease in large and small animals helps you utilize the ophthalmologic examination to more accurately diagnose and treat diseases and disorders affecting other body systems.
- Hardcover format adds durability for frequent reference.
- Clinical focus addresses vital information for evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and monitoring patients.
- Logical organization based on anatomic region makes information easy to locate.
By David Maggs, BVSc(Hons), DAVCO, University of California-Davis, Davis, CA; Paul Miller, DVM, DACVO, University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Surgical Sciences and Ron Ofri, DVM, PhD, DECVO, Senior Lecturer, Veterinary Ophthalmology, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel