Neonatal Nursing Handbook - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Neonatal nurses are faced with a tremendous need for accurate, comprehensive information while in the clinical setting. Kenner and Lott's new book, Neonatal Nursing Handbook is designed to meet these needs by providing accessible information to assist these practitioners in their clinical decision-making and critical thinking. The new book also provides an excellent complementary reference to Kenner & Lott's Comprehensive Neonatal Nursing: A Physiologic Perspective, 3rd Edition. This handbook is organized primarily by body systems and includes a brief definition of the neonatal problem, followed by diagnostic tests and labs, differential diagnosis where appropriate, and then an algorithm to aid in the decision making process. The overall format is brief outlined and bulleted information wherever possible.Table of Contents
- An accessible, quick reference handbook to assist neonatal nurses in making sound clinical decisions and to think critically.
- Consistent format presentation that begins with a brief definition of the problem, diagnostic tests and labs, differential diagnosis where appropriate, and concludes with an algorithm to assist in the decision making process.
- Builds on the strength of content presented in Kenner & Lott's Comprehensive Neonatal Nursing: A Physiologic Perspective, 3e.
- Chapter 19 focuses on Discharge Planning / Coordination of Home Care to provide the nurse with important patient/family teaching and follow up care considerations for the neonate's condition.
- Chapter 20 End-of-Life or Palliative Care helps the nurse understand these important and sensitive care considerations.
By Carole Kenner, DNS, RNC-NIC, FAAN, Associate Dean
School of Nursing, Bouve College of Health Sciences
and Judy Wright Lott, DSN, RNC, NNP, Professor and Dean, Louise Herrington School of Nursing, Baylor University, Dallas, TX