Emergency Medicine E-Book, 2nd Edition
Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition delivers all the relevant clinical core concepts you need for practice and certification, all in a comprehensive, easy-to-absorb, and highly visual format. This well-regarded emergency medicine reference offers fast-access diagnosis and treatment guidelines that quickly provide the pearls and secrets of your field, helping you optimize safety, efficiency, and quality in the ED as well as study for the boards.
New to This Edition
- Be prepared to manage increasingly prevalent problems seen in the ED, such as emergent complications of fertility treatment and management of patients who have had bariatric surgery.
- Deliver high-quality care to your younger patients with expanded pediatrics content.
- Stay up to date with new chapters on Clotting Disorders and Hemophilia, Patient-Centered Care, Health Disparities and Diversity in Emergency Medicine, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis, Antibiotic Recommendations for Empirical Treatment of Selected Infectious Diseases, and Cardiac Emergency Ultrasound: Evaluation for Pericardial Effusion & Cardiac Activity.
- Access the complete contents of Emergency Medicine online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, with downloadable images, tables and boxes, and expanded chapters, plus videos demonstrating ultrasound-guided vascular access, sonography for trauma, and more.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Get clear, concise descriptions and evidence-based treatment guidelines for a full range of clinical conditions, ranging from the common to the unusual.
- Find the information you need quickly with a highly visual format that features hundreds of full-color clinical photographs, illustrations, algorithms, tables, and graphs, plus key information highlighted for fast reference.
- Consult high-yield text boxes in every chapter for Priority Actions, Facts and Formulas, Documentation, Patient Teaching Tips, Red Flags, and Tips and Tricks.
- Make the most of your limited time with easy-to-digest blocks of information, consistently presented for clear readability and quick reference.
- Study efficiently and effectively for the boards, or rapidly consult this title in daily practice, thanks to well-organized chapters, a superb use of images and diagrams, and clinically relevant, easy-to-understand content.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of renowned educators, dedicated to compiling today's best knowledge in emergency medicine into one highly useful, readable text.
By James G. Adams, MD, FACEP, Professor and Chief, Division of Emergency Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA