Murray & Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 6th Edition
Ideal for fellows and practicing pulmonologists who need an authoritative, comprehensive reference on all aspects of pulmonary medicine, Murray and Nadel’s Textbook of Respiratory Medicine offers the most definitive content on basic science, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of the full spectrum of respiratory diseases.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More than 1,000 figures and over 200 videos and audio files.
- Key Points and Key Reading sections highlight the most useful references and resources for each chapter.
- An expanded sleep section now covers four chapters and includes control of breathing, consequences of sleep disruption, as well as obstructive and central apnea.
- New chapters in the Critical Care section cover Noninvasive Ventilation (NIV) and Extracorporeal Support of Gas Exchange (ECMO). New chapters focusing on diagnostic techniques now include Invasive Diagnostic Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions and Positron Emission Tomography, and a new chapter on Therapeutic Bronchoscopy highlights the interventional role of pulmonologists.
- Embedded videos feature thoracoscopy, therapeutic bronchoscopy, volumetric chest CT scans, and more. Brand-new audio files highlight normal and abnormal breath sounds and the separate components of cough.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers content updates, videos, review questions, and Thoracic Imaging Cases (TICs), all of which are easily navigable on any device for access on rounds or in the clinic.
- Full-color design enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Understand clinical applications and the scientific principles of respiratory medicine.
- Detailed explanations of each disease entity allow you to work through differential diagnoses.
REVIEWS OF THE LAST EDITION:
"Without a doubt, this text is a must for serious students of pulmonary medicine, whether in training, academic tenure, or mature clinical practice." - JAMA
REVIEW OF 4th EDITION:
'It goes without saying that this is a thorough, in depth review of chest medicine and as far as I could see, leaves nothing out. I was pleased to see this is a book for active physicians rather than researchers or scientists. It is aimed sqaurely at the specialists but generalists such as GPs or specialists in other but related disciplines would also find this book a good reference source. I also liked the principal that associated non respiratory problems are covered in detail. Take for example, Sarcoidosis which has always been classified as a chest disease, but is also a multi system disease. The chapter on Sarcoidosis is an excellent review of the whole topic and not just the pulmonary aspects. In addition, there are excellent chapters on issues that you don't always find such as air pollution, high altitude and diving medicine.
Importantly the book is readable, and releveant to physicians and adopts a well rounded approach to informing the doctor what he or she needs to know. The depth of detail acheived is just right and this book has an encylopedic feel to it. There are plenty of illusitrations in the book but in the main, this is primarily a text based reference source.'-- June 2006 Dr Harry Brown www.univadis.com
By V.Courtney Broaddus, MD, John F. Murray Distinguished Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco; Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California
; Robert J. Mason, MD, Cetalie & Marcel Weiss Chair in Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado; Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado
; Joel D Ernst, MD, Director, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Jeffrey Bergstein Professor of Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Pathology and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York
; Talmadge E King, Jr, MD, Julius R. Krevans Distinguished Professorship in Internal Medicine, Chair, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California; Stephen C. Lazarus, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Director, Clinical Training Program in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Associate Director, Adult Pulmonary Laboratory, Senior Investigator, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
; John F. Murray, MD, DSc(Hon), FRCP, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA; Jay A. Nadel, MD, DSc(Hon), DLaw(Hon), Professor of Medicine, Physiology, and Radiology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
; Arthur Slutsky, MD, Keenan Chair in Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Surgery and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto; Vice President (Research), St Michael's Hospital,
Keenan Research Centre for Biomedical Science, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
and Michael Gotway, MD, Professor of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ; Clinical Associate Professor, Diagnostic Radiology / Biomedical Imaging & Pulmonary / Critical Care Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California; Clinical Professor, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ; Adjunct Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ