Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Completely revised, the 4th Edition of this authoritative reference delivers a wealth of new information that enables readers to identify, treat, and manage a full range of respiratory disorders more easily than ever. Edited and written by leaders in the field, the book covers the scientific principles of respiratory medicine; its foundations in basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and immunology; and its clinical applications. It features a wealth of new chapters * coverage of new modalities in biotechnologic, genomic, and informational sciences * a new 2-color design that makes it easier and quicker to access key information * and complete references for further study.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Covers the hottest topics in the field, including COPD guidelines and lung reduction surgery * better pharmacological control of asthma * first-line drug therapies for cancer * interstitial lung disease * thoracoscopic surgery * ARDS ventilation guidelines c and more.
- Includes 6 new chapters: Alveolar and Distal Airway Epithelial Fluid Transport * Mucus Production, Secretion, and Clearance * Pleuroscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Other Invasive Procedures * Clinical Exercise Testing * Smoking Hazards and Cessation * and Patient Education and Compliance.
- Offers a fresh editorial approach with the addition of 1 new editor.
- Features the work of 73 new authors, including international contributors.
- Incorporates 100 new full-color illustrations for a total of more than 1,250 images.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and its clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points in each chapter.
REVIEWS OF THE LAST EDITION:
"Without a doubt, this text is a must for serious students of pulmonary medicine, whether in training, academic tenure, or mature clinical practice." — JAMA
REVIEW OF 4th EDITION:
'it goes without saying that this is a thorough, in depth review of chest medicinr and as far as I could see, leaves nothing out. I was pleased to see this is a book for active physicians rather than researchers or scientists. It is aimed saqurely at the specialists but generalists such as GPs or specialists in other but related disciplines would also find this book a good reference source. I also liked the principal that associated non repiratory problems are covered in detail. Take for example, Sarcoidosis which has always been classified as a chest deisease but is also a multi system disease. Teh chapter on sarcoidosis is an excellent review of the whole topic and not just the pulmonary aspects. In addition there are excellent chapters on issues that you don't always findsuch as air pollutionm high altitude and diving medicine.
Importantly the book is readable, and releveant to physicians and adopts a well rounded approach to informing the doctor what he or she needs to know. The depth of detail acheived is just right and this book has an encylopedic feel to it. There are plenty of illusitrations in the book but in the main, this is primarily a text based reference source.'-- June 2006 Dr Harry Brown www.univadis.com
By V.Courtney Broaddus, MD, John F. Murray Distinguished Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco; Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California
; Robert J. Mason, MD, Cetalie & Marcel Weiss Chair in Pulomonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado; Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado
; Joel D Ernst, MD, Jeffrey Bergstein Professor of Medicine, Professor of Pathology and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine; Acting Director, Division of Infectious, Diseases & Immunology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
; John F. Murray, MD, DSc(Hon), FRCP, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of California; Former Chief, Chest Service, San Francisco General Hospital; Cardiovascular Research Institute Investigator, San Francisco, CA and Jay A. Nadel, MD, DSc(HON), Professor of Medicine and Physiology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, California