Drugs for the Heart, 8th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Drugs for the Heart presents highly portable, up-to-date information on every drug class used to treat cardiovascular disease. Drs. Lionel H. Opie and Bernard J. Gersh put the latest dosages, interactions, indications and contraindications, side effects, and more at your fingertips, equipping you to make effective clinical decisions on behalf of your patientsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
- Navigate the latest pharmacologic advances through coverage of the newest drugs and drug classes, as well as all the latest clinical trial results and evidence used to treat heart disease.
- Effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Apply international insights into cardiac drugs, thanks to new global contributors.
- Visualize key pharmacologic and physiologic actions thanks to dynamic new full-color drawings.
- Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult, with regular online updates posted by leading cardiologist, Dr. Opie.
- Quickly check when to use each drug for any condition with the popular "Which Drug for Which Disease" chapter.
- Get expert advice from the practice-proven experience of two well-known editors who represent the best possible combination of clinical and research expertise in cardiovascular therapeutics.
- Expedite your reference with summaries of each drug class at the end of chapters.
- Carry it with you anywhere thanks to a highly compact, pocket-sized format.
“It includes reference to virtually the entire spectrum of cardiovascular drugs in clinical use and is exceedingly well referenced. A unique and outstanding contribution to the cardiovascular literature...an excellent resource for all those with an interest in cardiovascular pharmacology.” – Circulation, review of the last edition
Cardiovascular pharmacology is always expanding and rapidly evolving, making it challenging to keep current. The authors intend this book to serve as a single, convenient, and current pharmacologic reference...a refreshing alternative to the Physicians' Desk Reference (Thomson Reuters). --- DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW, 4 Stars ****
"This new edition is even better than the last, and that one was good. I use it, and I recommend it to you—and for the young learners, the book opens best with the binding on your left…Everything you need to know about drugs for the heart . . .and when to use each drug . . .great on dosing, side-effect profiles, drug interactions, and how to use the agents in care." – The Lancet August 2009
By Lionel H. Opie, MD, DPhiL, DSc, FRCP, Codirector, Cape Heart Centre annd Medical Research Councill's Interuniversity Heart Research Group; Professor of Medicine, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa; Visiting Professor, 1984-1998, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA and Bernard J. Gersh, MB, ChB, DPhil, FACC, Professor of Medicine and Chair, Cardiovascular Education, Mayo Medical School; Consultant, Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN