Saunders 2014-2015 Strategies for Test Success, 3rd Edition
Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX Exam
Prepare for success in nursing school and on the NCLEX® exam with proven test-taking strategiesTable of Contents
New to This Edition
An essential resource for any nursing student, this invaluable guide gives you the tools you need to overcome text anxiety and develop effective study habits. Key topics include time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you tackle any nursing test — from a routine quiz to the NCLEX® examination. You’ll learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on the nursing process, prioritization methods, and safety strategies. The book and companion CD offer 500 practice questions to help you practice the skills you are learning and gain realistic test-taking experience.
- 1,000 online practice questions allow you to apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- An emphasis on comprehensive test preparation helps you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX examination.
- Chapters on specific question content such as prioritization, pharmacology, and delegation provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher-level questions.
- A Developing Study Skills chapter provides helpful tips on improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- Helpful Tips for the Beginning Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- Refocused content emphasizes comprehensive test preparation to help you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX® examination.
- A new chapter on reducing test anxiety offers simple strategies you can use to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence you need to pass exams.
- A new chapter on developing a structured study plan provides helpful tips for improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
By Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI and Angela Silvestri, MSN, RN