Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Cardiology category!
Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside puts the latest knowledge in this subspecialty at your fingertips, giving you a well-rounded, expert grasp of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management. Drs. Zipes, Jalife, and a host of other world leaders in cardiac electrophysiology use a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to guide you through all of the most recent cardiac drugs, techniques, and technologies.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Integrate the latest scientific understanding of arrhythmias with the newest clinical applications, to select the right treatment and management options for each patient.
- Stay current on the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 52 NEW chapters - written by many new authors - on some of the hottest cardiology topics, such as new technologies for the study of the molecular structure of ion channels, molecular genetics, and the development of new imaging, mapping and ablation techniques.
- Get expert advice from Dr. Douglas P. Zipes - a leading authority in electrophysiology and editor of Braunwald’s Heart Disease and the Heart Rhythm Journal - and Dr. Jose Jalife - a world-renowned leader and researcher in basic and translational cardiac electrophysiology.
- Access the full text online at Expert Consult, including supplemental text, figures, tables, and video clips.
- Get well-rounded, expert views of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management from preeminent authorities in cardiology, physiology, pharmacology, pediatrics, biophysics, pathology, cardiothoracic surgery, and biomedical engineering from around the world.
- Visually grasp and easily absorb complex concepts through an attractive full-color design featuring color photos, tables, flow charts, ECGs, and more!
"This book uniquely provides a comprehensive review of basic science concepts of electrophysiology that are later translated into practical clinical terms. This edition includes the latest information on evolving concepts in the field."-Saima Karim, DO(Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody Review: 4 stars
By Douglas P. Zipes, MD, Distinguished Professor, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, Director Emeritus, Division of Cardiology and the Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN and Jose Jalife, MD, Cyrus and Jane Farrehi Professor of Cardiovascular Research
Professor of Internal Medicine
Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
University of Michigan Medical School
Co-Director, University of Michigan Center for Arrhythmia Research
Ann Arbor, Michigan