The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition
Bring medical terminology to life with Chabner's proven methodTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The market-leader in medical terminology, Chabner’s popular, proven The Language of Medicine brings medical language to life and helps you develop the understanding to communicate fluently in the healthcare setting. Terms and complex medical processes are accessible and easy to understand at all learning levels with an approach that explains terms in the context of anatomy and physiology, as well as how the body works in health and disease. Organized by body system, this combined text/workbook details additional key areas of health care, such as cancer and psychiatry, and is accompanied by full-color illustrations, exercises, and unique supplemental resources that reinforce your comprehension and help you establish the practical foundation for a successful career in healthcare.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body’s structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.
- Medical report exercises in each chapter utilize chart notes, histories, and reports to give you practice working with realistic documents.
- Additional pathology photos clarify terminology and help you identify medical conditions you may encounter in practice.
- Updated content reflects the latest advances in digestive system operative procedures, the human genome project, normal values for tests in practical applications, and muscle function.
- The companion CD tests your ability to identify terms by their pronunciation and provides a fun, engaging way to review terms through games, study tips, photographs, video clips, and animations.
- A companion Evolve website enables you to assess your understanding with quizzes for each chapter that provide immediate feedback to help you identify specific areas for review.