A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children E-Book, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Provide optimal anesthetic care to your young patients with A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 5th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, and Brian J. Anderson. 110 experts representing 10 different countries on 6 continents bring you complete coverage of the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to infants and children - covering standard techniques as well as the very latest advances.
New to This Edition
- Stay on the cutting edge of management of emergence agitation, sleep-disordered breathing and postoperative vomiting; the use of new devices such as cuffed endotracheal tubes and new airway devices; and much more.
- Familiarize yourself with the full range of available new drugs, including those used for premedication and emergence from anesthesia.
- Benefit from numerous new figures and tables that facilitate easier retention of the material; new insights from neonatologists and neonatal pharmacologists; quick summaries of each chapter; and more than 1,000 illustrations that clarify key concepts.
- Access the entire text online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, plus an extensive video library covering simulation, pediatric airway management, burn injuries, ultra-sound guided regional anesthesia, and much more; and new online-only sections, tables and figures.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Find authoritative answers on everything from preoperative evaluation through neonatal emergencies to the PACU.
- Get a free laminated pocket reference guide inside the book!
- Quickly review underlying scientific concepts and benefit from expert information on preoperative assessment and anesthesia management, postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures.
By Charles J. Cote, MD, Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Director of Clinical Research, Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, MassGeneral Hospital for Children; Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Jerrold Lerman, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY; Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA and I. David Todres, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Chief of Ethics Unit, MassGeneral Hospital for Children; Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA