Lasers and Lights, 3rd Edition
Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Now available as one streamlined volume, Lasers and Lights provides the most advanced treatments for rejuvenation, skin resurfacing, scars, and hair removal. You'll focus on procedural how-to's and get step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade, so you can incorporate the very latest in lasers and lights into your busy practice!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Take advantage of a dynamic and up-to-date focus on the latest lasers in the market with the expert guidance of a brand-new editor team.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge techniques through new coverage of non-ablative fractional laser rejuvenation; ablative laser resurfacing; non-surgical body contouring; and laser treatment of ethnic skin.
- See how non-invasive cosmetic procedures apply to real-life situations with new case studies and pearls throughout.
- Browse the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with expanded video content and downloadable images.
- Expand your repertoire and refine your skills with Lasers and Lights, which contains a wealth of color illustrations and photographs depicting cases as they appear in practice.
Chapters are organized according to the types of lasers -- vascular, laser hair reduction, ablative, nonablative, cellulite reduction, etc. Discussions address what conditions seem to be best treated by a particular laser and the limitations. Studies are mentioned if pertinent for showing efficacy or lack of efficacy or modest results. Shaded color blocks of information are scattered throughout offering helpful tips about treatments. The authors freely mention their specific laser settings for particular treatments with a given laser.
They give excellent advice on parameters to consider when evaluating patients and deciding if they are good candidates for a particular procedure. The accompanying videos do a decent job of giving you an accurate idea of what a given laser procedure involves, but some editing would improve the videos. The video demonstrating Velasmooth is a bit too long, spending time showing pulse after pulse with a lapse in narration. Color clinical photographs show complications and the expected results immediately after treatment.
I loved this book. This is one of the best references currently available for comparing different laser modalities. After studying this information, you should be able to make intelligent decisions about which lasers and light treatments are best for your practice and not be romanced by fast-talking sales representatives. Unlike many similar books on lasers, the authors are not timid in advancing their preferences and spelling out the reasons why they believe what they believe." - Patricia Wong, MD(Stanford University Medical Center) Doody 4 star rating !
By George J Hruza, MD, Private Practice, Laser & Dermatologic Surgery Center Inc, Chesterfield MO USA
Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology and Otolaryngology and Director of Laser and Dermatologic Surgery Center, St Louis University, St Louis MO, USA and Matthew Avram, Director, Massachusetts General Hospital Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Center