Principles of Neurological Surgery E-Book, 3rd Edition
Principles of Neurosurgery, by Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen, Saleem I. Abdulrauf and Laligam N Sekhar, provides a broad overview of neurosurgery ideal for anyone considering or training in this specialty. From general principles to specific techniques, it equips you with the perspectives and skills you need to succeed. Comprehensive without being encyclopedic, this new edition familiarizes you with the latest advances in the field-neuroimaging, the medical and surgical treatment of epilepsy, minimally invasive techniques, and new techniques in position and incisions-and shows you how to perform key procedures via an online library of surgical videos at www.expertconsult.com. No other source does such an effective job of preparing you for this challenging field!
New to This Edition
- Master key procedures by watching experts perform them in a video library online at www.expertconsult.com, where you can also access the fully searchable text, an image gallery, and links to PubMed.
- Keep up with recent advances in neurosurgery with fully revised content covering neuroimaging, the medical and surgical treatment of epilepsy, minimally invasive techniques, new techniques in position and incisions, deep brain stimulation, cerebral revascularization, and treatment strategies for traumatic brain injury in soldiers.
- Apply the latest guidance from new chapters on Cerebral Revascularization, Principles of Modern Neuroimaging, Principles of Operative Positioning, Pediatric Stroke and Moya-Moya, Anomalies of Craniovertebral Junction, and Degenerative Spine Disease.
- Tap into truly global perspectives with an international team of contributors led by Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen and Saleem I. Abdulrauf.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to a full-color layout and numerous detailed illustrations.
- Get comprehensive coverage of neurosurgery, including pre- and post- operative patient care, neuroradiology, pediatric neurosurgery, neurovascular surgery, trauma surgery, spine surgery, oncology, pituitary adenomas, cranial base neurosurgery, image-guided neurosurgery, treatment of pain, epilepsy surgery, and much more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding from over 1,200 outstanding illustrations-half in full color-including many superb clinical and operative photographs, surgical line drawings, and at-a-glance tables.
- Apply best practices in neuroimaging techniques, minimally invasive surgery, epilepsy surgery, and pediatric neurosurgery.
By Richard G. Ellenbogen, MD, FACS, Professor and Chairman, Theodore S. Roberts Endowed Chair, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA; Saleem I. Abdulrauf, MD, FAAN, FACS, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine; Director, Saint Louis University Center for Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery; Neurosurgeon-in-Chief, Saint Louis University Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, USA and Laligam N Sekhar, MD, FACS, Vice Chairman, William Joseph Leedom and Bennett Bigelow Professor, Director, Cerebrovascular Surgery and Skull Base Surgery, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA