Medical Assisting Online for Today's Medical Assistant (User Guide and Access Code), 2nd Edition
Clinical & Administrative Procedures
Hands-on learning makes it easy to master clinical and administrative proceduresTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Medical Assisting Online is an engaging, fully integrated online course that supplements the comprehensive coverage of Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical and Administrative Procedures with interactive exercises to prepare you for professional success in medical assisting. Ideal for distance learning or an enhanced classroom experience, this new edition is competency-based and more interactive than ever, giving you practice performing the clinical and administrative tasks you'll encounter on the job, such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, taking vital signs, administering medications, and more.
- Active, hands-on learning is promoted with modules that are mapped to core Medical Assisting competencies in the textbook.
- Competency-based training activities provide opportunities to learn, apply, and practice skills in a safe virtual environment.
- Review questions ensure that you understand the material before you proceed, and include feedback for both right and wrong answers.
- Lesson quizzes measure your comprehension of the content and provide feedback, with scores automatically submitted to the instructor.
- Video clips demonstrate commonly performed clinical skills and procedures step by step.
- Glossary provides quick access to definitions of key terms with links at the point when they are introduced.
- Pop-up boxes provide in-depth explanations of concepts, detailed illustrations, and examples of forms.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants; Sue Hunt, MA, RN, CMA (AAMA), Former Professor and Coordinator, Medical Assisting Program, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA and Edith Applegate, MS, Professor of Sciences and Mathematics, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH