Medical Assisting Online for Today's Medical Assistant (User Guide and Access Code), 2nd Edition
Clinical & Administrative Procedures
Reinforce your medical assisting skills with online learning! Corresponding to CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and to Bonewit-West’s Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 2nd Edition, Medical Assisting Online helps you learn and perform common administrative and clinical skills. A variety of exercises provide realistic experience and practice with the competencies you are expected to master. Featuring active, hands-on learning, MAO provides effective preparation for class, labs, and jobs.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
- Active, hands-on learning is promoted with modules that are mapped to core Medical Assisting competencies in the textbook.
- Competency-based training activities provide opportunities to learn, apply, and practice skills in a safe virtual environment.
- Review questions ensure that you understand the material before you proceed, and include feedback for both right and wrong answers.
- Lesson quizzes measure your comprehension of the content and provide feedback, with scores automatically submitted to the instructor.
- Video clips demonstrate commonly performed clinical skills and procedures step by step.
- Glossary provides quick access to definitions of key terms with links at the point when they are introduced.
- Pop-up boxes provide in-depth explanations of concepts, detailed illustrations, and examples of forms.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants; Sue Hunt, MA, RN, CMA (AAMA), Former Professor and Coordinator, Medical Assisting Program, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA and Edith Applegate, MS, Professor of Sciences and Mathematics, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH