Drugs for the Heart E-Book, 8th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Drugs for the Heart presents highly portable, up-to-date information on every drug class used to treat cardiovascular disease. Drs. Lionel H. Opie and Bernard J. Gersh put the latest dosages, interactions, indications and contraindications, side effects, and more at your fingertips, equipping you to make effective clinical decisions on behalf of your patients.
New to This Edition
- Navigate the latest pharmacologic advances through coverage of the newest drugs and drug classes, as well as all the latest clinical trial results and evidence used to treat heart disease.
- Effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Apply international insights into cardiac drugs, thanks to new global contributors.
- Visualize key pharmacologic and physiologic actions thanks to dynamic new full-color drawings.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Quickly check when to use each drug for any condition with the popular "Which Drug for Which Disease" chapter.
- Get expert advice from the practice-proven experience of two well-known editors who represent the best possible combination of clinical and research expertise in cardiovascular therapeutics.
- Expedite your reference with summaries of each drug class at the end of chapters.
- Carry it with you anywhere thanks to a highly compact, pocket-sized format.
By Lionel H. Opie, MD, DPhiL, DSc, FRCP, Codirector, Cape Heart Centre annd Medical Research Councill's Interuniversity Heart Research Group; Professor of Medicine, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa; Visiting Professor, 1984-1998, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA and Bernard J. Gersh, MB, ChB, DPhil, FACC, Professor of Medicine and Chair, Cardiovascular Education, Mayo Medical School; Consultant, Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN