Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team headed by Drs. Vinay Kumar, Abul Abbas, and Jon Aster, delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Keep your students up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Provide uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your students’ study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Offer your students a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Students can access the fully searchable contents of the book, plus interactive case studies, videos, self-assessment questions- all online at Student Consult.
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage , ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book, plus interactive case studies, videos, self-assessment questions- all online at Student Consult.
"Remarkably up to date…Provides the reader with a current understanding of disease mechanisms and deserves a place on the shelf of any health care professional, irrespective of specialty or level of training." - JAMA, review of previous edition
"Praiseworthy for the breadth and depth of its content and its ability to remain up to date. It serves the needs not only of the beginning student, the pathologist in training, but all practitioners of medicine with intellectual curiosity." - Modern Pathology, review of previous edition
"Bound to retain its standing as the definitive source for learning, or relearning, the principles of the pathologic basis of disease." - Advances in Anatomic Pathology, review of previous edition
"This book is even shorter than before. That is really impressive. I cannot but admire this book, which I keep re-reading since I entered Pathology in 1966. Wow, it shows that even a first class book can be improved – hard to believe but true. It is very readable and even funny in some places. The text is nicely laid out and the book looks less bulky than the previous edition. The illustrations are excellent. Even though the book is definitely for the new generations, I am sure that it will be welcomed by senior pathologists trying to keep up with the times – I doubt that I am the only old timer eager to re-read it." - Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, author of Pathology Secrets and Pathophysiology
By Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA and Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA