Clinical Radiation Oncology E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With thorough updates throughout, Clinical Radiation Oncology provides the most comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date information available for treating patients with cancer. From a multidisciplinary perspective, this new edition, edited by Drs. Leonard L. Gunderson and Joel E. Tepper, examines the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on both single-modality and combined-modality approaches - providing you with the well-rounded, cutting-edge guidance you need to offer the most effective treatments. A consistent chapter format, full-color design, and access to the full text at www.expertconsult.com make reference fast and easy. It is an ideal resource for mastering the latest, most effective techniques and modalities!
New to This Edition
- Get broad multimodality perspectives and unique insights from a diverse team of respected editors and contributors -many of whom are new to this edition - affiliated with institutions across North America and internationally
- Access the fully searchable text anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com, along with references, additional images and tables, video clips and more!
- Stay current with comprehensive updates throughout that include a new chapter on survivorship issues, and additional video clips on treatments such as prostate and penile cancer brachytherapy.
- Improve outcomes by providing the most effective treatment for each patient with expanded coverage of new modalities and treatment regimens.
- Understand and comply with the latest staging guidelines.
- Deepen your knowledge with a comprehensive, clinical approach to the scientific foundations of radiation oncology and general oncology as well as state-of-the-art techniques and modalities.
- Implement a multidisciplinary, "team care" approach to providing intricate treatment plans for patients, often in conjunction with medical oncologists, and surgeons.
- Broaden your understanding of the basic biology of the disease processes.
- Examine the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on single-modality and combined-modality approaches.
- Quickly and easily find critical information thanks to an easily accessible, full-color design with over 800 color figures that clearly depict treatment techniques.
By Leonard L. Gunderson, MD, MS, FASTRO, Emeritus Professor and Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona
and Joel E. Tepper, MD, Hector MacLean Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina