Pharmacology Online for Pharmacology for Nursing Care (User Guide and Access Code), 8th Edition
An engaging, hands-on way to learn and master nursing pharmacologyTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Learn interactively and practice applying your knowledge of nursing pharmacology with this hands-on, visually engaging online course! Using self-study modules, interactive case studies, videos, animations, case studies, NCLEX® Examination-style quizzes, and interactive activities, this unit-by-unit companion to Lehne's Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 8th Edition helps you master key principles in nursing pharmacology and develop the critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills necessary for success in nursing practice.
- 21 self-study modules provide a thorough introduction to the basic principles of pharmacology, drug calculations, and several major drug content areas using an interactive combination of media: text, animations, illustrations, integrated active learning exercises, and dynamic hyperlinks.
- 27 interactive case studies immerse you in true-to-life clinical scenarios and enable hands-on learning in the safety of a virtual setting, accompanied by rationales and remediation tools to help you improve your understanding of correct and incorrect choices.
- Self-module quizzes and case study quizzes ensure that you have mastered the content related to each module and case before moving on.
- 275 interactive learning activities test your knowledge of critical drug content in a fun, game-like format.
- UNIQUE! Roadside Assistance video clips hosted by renowned pharmacologist and speaker Alan P. Agins, PhD, infuse difficult content with humor and relevance for easier understanding.
- NCLEX® examination-style quizzes for every chapter (110 total) prepare you for the pharmacology questions you will encounter on the NCLEX exam and provide rationales and textbook page references to streamline remediation.
- Discussion questions facilitate virtual classroom conversations on current issues in pharmacology.
- 42 animations accompanied by voiceover narrations are integrated into the self-study modules to clarify concepts.
- 20 care planning activities challenge you to apply what you've learned to the planning of patient care.
- An online drug handbook is accessible with the self-study modules and case studies.
- An audio glossary helps you master definitions and pronunciations for more than 1,400 terms and drug names.
- NEW! Self-study module on the pharmacotherapy of atherogenic dyslipidemia (with corresponding quiz) focuses on the role of lipid-lowering drugs in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic heart disease.
- NEW! Two new interactive case studies (with corresponding quizzes) cover anticoagulants and drugs for anemia.
- NEW! Enhanced discussion questions develop your 'clinical imagination' by having you apply content from textbook readings and from directed literature searches to address true-to-life clinical situations like those you will encounter in practice.
- NEW! Updated Online Drug Handbook provides hands-on practice in consulting an up-to-date drug reference for clinical decision-making.
- NEW! Updated content coordinates with the 8th Edition of the Lehne text and includes information on the major new drugs, drug classes, and therapeutic uses.
By Richard A. Lehne, PhD, Formerly Lecturer, University of Arizona College of Nursing, Lecturer; University of Virginia School of Nursing; Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine; Patricia Neafsey, RD, PhD, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT; Nancy Haugen, RN, MN, PhD, Associate Professor and ABSN Program Chair, School of Nursing, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA, USA; James L. King; Vicky J. King; Kathy Rose, RN, MSN, Associate Professor, Nursing-RN Program, Chattanooga State, Chattanooga, Tennessee and Alan P. Agins, PhD, Adjunct Associate Professor, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI; President, PRN Associates, Continuing Healthcare Education, Tucson, Arizona