Fenichel's Clinical Pediatric Neurology, 7th Edition
A Signs and Symptoms Approach (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Confidently diagnose and manage primary neurologic disorders of childhood with actionable, step-by-step assistance from Fenichel’s Clinical Pediatric Neurology! A signs-and-symptoms-based approach - with consideration of each presenting symptom in terms of differential diagnosis and treatment - mirrors the way you would typically evaluate and manage a patient. A practical and well-organized introduction to pediatric neurology, this is an ideal resource for board exam preparation, office use, and reference during residency.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discover the latest in pediatric neurology including important emerging topics such as new-generation pharmacological therapy for seizures and epilepsy, neuropathic pain, and auto-immune neurological disease; anti-NMDA antibody encephalopathy; diagnosis and management of neuro-psychogenic symptomatology; and assessment and management of chronic daily headaches.
- Readily identify the more common and most treatable neurological disorders with the aid of highly templated chapters, and weighted differential diagnosis tables.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with singular, authoritative guidance from Dr. J. Eric Piña-Garza - a longtime associate and protégé of Dr. Gerald Fenichel.
- Quickly identify the progression of each neurological disease. Extensive coverage clearly defines age at onset, course of illness, clinical features, and treatment options.
- Evaluate and manage even the most difficult neurodegenerative disorders-including those caused by inborn errors of metabolism - with the aid of differential diagnosis tables and treatment algorithms.
- Search crucial information at a glance. An organization by neurological signs and symptoms, together with a user-friendly, highly templated format allows for quick and easy reference.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text and more at www.expertconsult.com.
"This well-written, concise, and practical book has been a valuable resource for those caring for pediatric patients with neurological disorders for decades, and this new edition continues that tradition."-David Hammond, MD(Nemours Chidlren's Clinic) Doody Review: 5 stars
By J. Eric Piña-Garza, Associate Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics Director, Pediatric Neurology Director, Pediatric Epilepsy and EEG Lab, Monroe Carell, Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt