Fenichel's Clinical Pediatric Neurology, 7th Edition
A Signs and Symptoms Approach (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Confidently diagnose and manage primary neurologic disorders of childhood with actionable, step-by-step assistance from Fenichel’s Clinical Pediatric Neurology! A signs-and-symptoms-based approach - with consideration of each presenting symptom in terms of differential diagnosis and treatment - mirrors the way you would typically evaluate and manage a patient. A practical and well-organized introduction to pediatric neurology, this is an ideal resource for board exam preparation, office use, and reference during residency.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discover the latest in pediatric neurology including important emerging topics such as new-generation pharmacological therapy for seizures and epilepsy, neuropathic pain, and auto-immune neurological disease; anti-NMDA antibody encephalopathy; diagnosis and management of neuro-psychogenic symptomatology; and assessment and management of chronic daily headaches.
- Readily identify the more common and most treatable neurological disorders with the aid of highly templated chapters, and weighted differential diagnosis tables.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with singular, authoritative guidance from Dr. J. Eric Piña-Garza - a longtime associate and protégé of Dr. Gerald Fenichel.
- Quickly identify the progression of each neurological disease. Extensive coverage clearly defines age at onset, course of illness, clinical features, and treatment options.
- Evaluate and manage even the most difficult neurodegenerative disorders-including those caused by inborn errors of metabolism - with the aid of differential diagnosis tables and treatment algorithms.
- Search crucial information at a glance. An organization by neurological signs and symptoms, together with a user-friendly, highly templated format allows for quick and easy reference.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text and more at www.expertconsult.com.
"Enhancing its practical clinical utility, the book is organized by presenting symptom. It is eminently readable and presents evidence-based information, guidelines, and standards where these are available. Where they are not, the author provides advice based on his own experience, further augmenting the practical utility of the book. Discussions of more recently described disorders, such as anti-N-Methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antibody encephalopathy, and newer agents, such as clobazam, are new to this edition.
Readers also have access to the very useful, searchable, online version of the book.
This well-written, concise, and practical book has been a valuable resource for those caring for pediatric patients with neurological disorders for decades, and this new edition continues that tradition." - David N Hammond, MD(Nemours Children's Clinic) Doody 5 star rating!
By J. Eric Piña-Garza, Associate Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics Director, Pediatric Neurology Director, Pediatric Epilepsy and EEG Lab, Monroe Carell, Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt