Fenichel's Clinical Pediatric Neurology, 7th Edition
A Signs and Symptoms Approach (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Identify and treat childhood neurological disorders with guidance from Fenichel’s!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Confidently diagnose and manage primary neurologic disorders of childhood with actionable, step-by-step assistance from Fenichel’s Clinical Pediatric Neurology! A signs-and-symptoms-based approach - with consideration of each presenting symptom in terms of differential diagnosis and treatment - mirrors the way you would typically evaluate and manage a patient. A practical and well-organized introduction to pediatric neurology, this is an ideal resource for board exam preparation, office use, and reference during residency.
- Quickly identify the progression of each neurological disease. Extensive coverage clearly defines age at onset, course of illness, clinical features, and treatment options.
- Evaluate and manage even the most difficult neurodegenerative disorders—including those caused by inborn errors of metabolism – with the aid of differential diagnosis tables and treatment algorithms.
- Search crucial information at a glance. An organization by neurological signs and symptoms, together with a user-friendly, highly templated format allows for quick and easy reference.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text and more at www.expertconsult.com.
- Discover the latest in pediatric neurology including important emerging topics such as new-generation pharmacological therapy for seizures and epilepsy, neuropathic pain, and auto-immune neurological disease; anti-NMDA antibody encephalopathy; diagnosis and management of neuro-psychogenic symptomatology; and assessment and management of chronic daily headaches.
- Readily identify the more common and most treatable neurological disorders with the aid of highly templated chapters, and weighted differential diagnosis tables.
Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with singular, authoritative guidance from Dr. J. Eric Piña-Garza – a longtime associate and protégé of Dr. Gerald Fenichel.
By J. Eric Piña-Garza, Associate Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics Director, Pediatric Neurology Director, Pediatric Epilepsy and EEG Lab, Monroe Carell, Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt