Understanding Hospital Billing and Coding, 3rd Edition
Clear, need-to-know guidelines for hospital billing and codingTable of Contents
New to This Edition
A comprehensive, approachable guide to hospital insurance billing and coding, Understanding Hospital Billing and Coding, 2nd Edition covers everything hospital billers need to know, from patient admission to accounts receivable management and HIPAA. It builds on your knowledge so that you can make a successful transition from the physician/outpatient environment to the hospital setting. Written by coding expert Debra P. Ferenc, this book covers the hospital regulatory setting, the structure and functions of hospital departments, patient accounts and data flow, the billing process, coding, claim forms, reimbursement, accounts receivable management, HIPAA requirements, and much more.
- UB-04 Claim Simulation on the companion Evolve website lets you practice entering information from source documents into the claim form.
- Over 300 illustrations and graphics bring important concepts to life.
- Detailed chapter objectives highlight what you are expected to learn.
- Key terms, acronyms, and abbreviations with definitions are included in each chapter.
- Concept Review boxes reinforce key concepts.
- Test Your Knowledge exercises reinforce lessons as you progress through the material.
- Chapter summaries review key concepts.
- Practice hospital cases let you apply concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Updated Claim Forms chapter covers the UB-04 claim form.
- Updated information covers diagnosis and procedural coding, with guidelines and applications.
- Updated claim forms and names are used throughout.