Essential Clinical Procedures E-Book, 3rd Edition
Written by foremost experts in the field, the 3rd Edition of Essential Clinical Procedures presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know as a physician assistant! Clear and concise, this medical reference book leads you step-by-step through over 70 techniques commonly seen in primary care and specialist settings, equipping you to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.
New to This Edition
- Understand the "must-know" aspects of the most commonly seen conditions with a systematic presentation featuring consistent headings and supporting color images.
- Quickly access core information through high-yield margin notes and consistent formatting across all chapters.
- Stay abreast of the latest procedures with a brand-new chapter and images on Reduction of the Shoulder/Finger Subluxations, plus many other updates throughout.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com!
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Visualize procedures and other important concepts clearly through over 300 high-quality illustrations.
- Ensure the safe execution of procedures with a focus on patient preparation and the proper use of instruments, as well as highlighted warnings to alert you to potential dangers that can occur when performing various treatments.
- Be fully prepared for any situation with guidance on the possible complications, rationales, and precautions behind many common procedures.
- Understand the ins and outs of nonprocedural issues, including informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
- Get all the hands-on guidance you need to provide safe and effective care to your patients with Essential Clinical Procedures!
By Richard W. Dehn, MPA, PA-C, Professor, College of Health and Human Services, Chair, Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Northern Arizona University Phoenix Biomedical Campus, Phoenix, Arizona and David P. Asprey, PhD, PA-C, Professor and Chair, Department of Physician Assistant Studies and Services, Assitant Dean, Office of Student Affairs and Curriculum, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa