Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Internal Medicine category!
A unique clinical focus makes Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis, 3rd Edition your go-to guide for quick, practical answers on managing the full range of bleeding and clotting disorders. Emphasizing real-world problems and solutions, Dr. Craig S. Kitchens, Dr. Barbara A. Konkle, and Dr. Craig M. Kessler provide all the clinical guidance you need to make optimal decisions on behalf of your patients and promote the best possible outcomes.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get the latest information on hot topics such as Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, Thrombophilia, Clinical and Laboratory Assessment and Management, Thrombotic -Thrombocytopenic Purpura, and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia.
- Apply today’s newest therapies, including those that are quickly becoming standard in this fast-changing field.
- Meet the needs of specific patient groups with a new chapter on Bleeding and the Management of Hemorrhagic Disorders in Pregnancy and an extensively updated chapter on Thrombosis and Cancer.
- Zero in on key information with a new user-friendly design, and all-new full-color format, abundant laboratory protocols, and at-a-glance tables and charts throughout.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online - fully searchable - at www.expertconsult.com.
- Efficiently look up concise descriptions of each condition, its associated symptoms, laboratory findings, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, and treatment.
"It's not hard to see why this book would be so popular. The subject alone is probably one of the most variably practiced within haematology, with many different possible strategies to manage each situation - often with each strategy being as valid as the next....Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis is wonderfully evidence based and clear on what has and has not been discovered in trials, and the shortcomings of those studies...This is certainly a good investment, particularly if your practice is outside a major teaching hospital, with limited access to a sub-specialist in coagulation. The online access to the entire text via th ExpertConsult.com website is just the icing on the cake."
HaemTrainee, January 2014
By Craig S. Kitchens, MD, Professor Emeritus, Medicine, University of Florida; Consultant, Malcom Randall Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainsville Florida; Consultant, Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute, Fort Myers, Florida; Barbara A Konkle, MD, Director, Clinical and Translational Research, Puget Sound Blood Center; Professor of Medicine/Hematology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
and Craig M. Kessler, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pathology, Georgetown University School of Medicine; Director, Coagulation Laboratory, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, DC