Maternity Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 11th Edition
|Print - Paperback||$57.95|
New to This Edition
- Coverage of the latest advances in nursing care includes fetal heart rate monitoring during labor and delivery and revised diabetes classifications.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination! section at the end of each chapter includes key points, review questions, and critical thinking questions for individual, small group, or classroom review.
- Safety Alert! boxes highlight 2011 Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, with special consideration for serious and potentially fatal medication errors.
- Easily recognizable icons for standard steps are included in each skill (e.g., hand hygiene).
- UNIQUE! Icons in page margins point to relevant animations and video clips on the companion Evolve website.
- Chronological organization of content follows a sequence from family issues, fetal development, pregnancy, labor, birth, and care of the newborn, to postpartum issues with special social, familial, and cultural considerations.
- Organization of concepts in each chapter by simple to complex and from health to illness makes it easier to locate and understand the material.
- Complete, concise coverage includes a table of physiologic and psychosocial changes throughout the pregnancy, unique content on CPR for the pregnant patient and infectious diseases acquired during pregnancy, a pictorial story of a vaginal birth, cultural considerations of pregnancy and maternal care, and nursing responses to loss, death, and grief.
- UNIQUE! A FREE Study Guide in the back of the book reinforces understanding with multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, scenario-based clinical situation questions, and online activities.
- Nursing Care Plans with critical thinking questions help in understanding how a care plan is developed, how to evaluate care of a patient, and how to apply your knowledge to clinical scenarios.
- Health Promotion boxes and content focus on family-centered care, health promotion, illness prevention, and women's health issues.
- Clinical Pathways use an interdisciplinary, collaborative-care approach in tracking interventions along a timeline from assessment to discharge and follow up.
- Online resources for further research and study are included at the end of each chapter.
- UNIQUE! LPN Threads make learning easier, featuring a 10th-grade reading level, key terms with phonetic pronunciations and text page references, chapter objectives, special features boxes, and full-color art, photographs, and design.
By Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, CNE, Professor, Obstetric and Pediatric Nursing, Riverside City College, Riverside, CA