Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print, 2-Volume Set
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases helps you put the very latest knowledge to work for your young patients with unparalleled coverage of everything from epidemiology, public health, and preventive medicine through clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more. Ideal for all physicians, whether in an office or hospital setting, Feigin and Cherry’s equips you with trusted answers to your most challenging clinical infectious disease questions.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Implement the latest knowledge on cutting-edge topics with coverage of new developments in novel viral infections, expanding bacterial resistance, evaluation of immunocompromised hosts, invasive fungal infections, device-related infections, global travel medicine, neglected tropical diseases, and much more.
- Stay at the forefront of the pediatric infectious disease field through continuing and extensive updates on antibiotic resistance, novel therapeutics, and new molecular techniques in laboratory diagnosis.
- Recognize under which circumstances the use of diagnostic imaging is most appropriate and know the efficient diagnosis for infectious diseases.
- Meet your most difficult clinical challenges in pediatric infectious disease , including today’s more aggressive infectious and resistant strains as well as emerging and re-emerging diseases, with unmatched, comprehensive coverage of immunology, epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more.
- Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an organization both by organ system and by etiologic microorganism, allowing you to easily approach any topic from either direction.
- Search the complete text and download all of the images online at Expert Consult.
“This is the textbook to which all who desire a comprehensive exposition of pediatric infectious disease will turn.” – JAMA, review of the previous edition.
"The editors and publishers should be commended the first for being able to collect the data, the latter for the high technical quality of production. Contains an expert-consult searchable on-line. Highly recommended not only to specialists in infectious diseases and departments of pediatrics but to all pediatricians." Pediateic Endocrinology Reviews, December 2009
By James Cherry, MD, MSc, Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Attending Physician, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Gail J. Demmler-Harrison, MD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine; Attending Physician, Infectious Diseases Service, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX; Sheldon L. Kaplan, MD, Professor and Vice-Chairman for Clinical Affairs, Head, Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine; Chief, Infectious Disease Service, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX; William J. Steinbach, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Attending Physician, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
and Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, Dean, National School of Tropical Medicine, Professor, Pediatrics and Molecular & Virology and Microbiology, Head, Section of Pediatric Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics, Director, Sabin Vaccine Institute and Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, President, Sabin Vaccine Institute, Houston, Texas, USA