Endocrinology - E-Book, 6th Edition
ENDOCRINOLOGY, edited by J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD and Leslie J. De Groot, MD, has been considered the definitive source in its field for decades. Now this landmark reference has been exhaustively updated to bring you the latest clinical guidance on all aspects of diagnosis and treatment for the full range of endocrine and metabolism disorders, including new information on diabetes, obesity, MEN I and II, disorders of sex determination, and pituitary tumors. Entirely new chapters on Lipodystrophy Syndromes, Lipoprotein Metabolism, and Genetic Disorders of Phosphate Homeostasis keep you well informed on today's hot topics. You'll benefit from unique, global perspectives on adult and pediatric endocrinology prepared by an international team of renowned authorities. This reference is optimally designed to help you succeed in your demanding practice and ensure the best possible outcomes for every patient.
New to This Edition
- Provide state-of-the-art care with comprehensive updates on diabetes, obesity, MEN I and II, disorders of sex determination, and pituitary tumors … brand-new chapters on Lipodystrophy Syndromes, Lipoprotein Metabolism, and Genetic Disorders of Phosphate Homeostasis … expanded coverage of sports performance, including testosterone, androgen research, and bone growth and deterioration … and the newest discoveries in genetics and how they affect patient care.
- Make the best clinical decisions with an enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice in conjunction with expert opinion.
- Rapidly consult with trusted authorities thanks to new expert-opinion treatment strategies and recommendations.
- Zero in on the most relevant and useful references with the aid of a more focused, concise bibliography.
- Locate information more quickly, while still getting the complete coverage you expect.
- Overcome virtually any clinical challenge with detailed, expert coverage of every area of endocrinology, authored by hundreds of leading luminaries in the field.
By J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD, Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Dean, Raymond and Ruth Perelman, School of Medicine, Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
and Leslie J. De Groot, MD, Research Professor, University of Rhode Island; Professor Emeritus, University of Chicago; President, MDTEXT.COM, Incorporated, Providence, Rhode Island