Travel Medicine, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Travel Medicine, 3rd Edition, by Dr. Jay S. Keystone, Dr. Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Dr. David O. Freedman, Dr. Hans D. Nothdruft, and Dr. Bradley A. Connor, prepares you and your patients for any travel-related illness they may encounter. Consult this one-stop resource for best practices on everything from immunizations and pre-travel advice to essential post-travel screening. From domestic cruises to far-flung destinations, this highly regarded guide offers a wealth of practical guidance on all aspects of travel medicine.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Effectively protect your patients before they travel with new information on immunizations and emerging and re-emerging disease strains, including traveler’s thrombosis.
- Update your knowledge of remote destinations and the unique perils they present.
- Stay abreast of best practices for key patient populations, with new chapters on the migrant patient, humanitarian aid workers, medical tourism, and mass gatherings, as well as updated information on pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Benefit from the advice of international experts on the full range of travel-related illnesses, including cruise travel, bird flu, SARS, traveler’s diarrhea, malaria, environmental problems, and much more.
- Prepare for the travel medicine examination with convenient cross references for the ISTM "body of knowledge" to specific chapters and/or passages in the book.
- Search the complete text and download images at expertconsult.com.
"This is a valuable book that has been appropriately updated with information and issues prompted by changing circumstances in the world (epidemiology and treatment of malaria, wars), emerging diseases, and ecological change since the
2008 edition. It is clearly written by experts in their various fields and contains many tables and algorithms valuable to travel medicine practitioners.
This update would make a useful addition to the travel medicine practitioner's library." - Winnie Ooi, MD, MPH, DMD(Harvard Medical School) Doody Review Service
"This is an excellent reference source that contains words of wisdom which covers an area of medicine which can sometimes get lost on the radar screen. It is undoubtedly very useful for these questions that are thrown at us when faced with a patient with a travel medicine issue. Fortunately the cost of the book comes with web access and app access and both are helpful additions. The book is a little pricey and this may put some people off but if you are looking for a helpful travel medicine textbook, this is a good port of call." Reveiwed by: Dr Harry Brown. Date: June 2014