Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Featuring an expanded focus on in-demand endoscopic and minimally invasive spine procedures, Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine, 2nd Edition pairs new anatomic photographs and radiographic images with expertly rendered color illustrations and clear, step-by-step descriptions to help you effectively perform all of the latest and most effective spine surgery techniques. A multidisciplinary approach makes this medical reference book relevant and informative to all surgeons regardless of their specialty or level of surgical experience with the spine.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Master surgical anatomy of the spine and the latest minimally invasive techniques. Sweeping revisions and updates-including 22 new chapters-provide new and expanded coverage of spine surgery procedures and topics such as surgical management in gunshot wound to the spine, vertebroplasty, and kyphoplasty.
- Visualize every step of each procedure thanks to new anatomic photographs and radiographic images, corresponding with expertly rendered illustrations which more in-depth than ever before.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online, fully searchable, at Expert Consult.
- Proceed with confidence. An atlas-style format featuring clear, concise, step-by-step descriptions of the anatomy and procedures along with clinical hints and pearls, tables, and management algorithms provideing swift answers and trusted guidance.
- Sharpen your surgical acumen with a deeper understanding of the anatomy of the surgical target and related anatomy. Comprehensive information on cervical, cervical/thoracic, thoracic/lumbar, lumbar spine, lumbar/pelvis, and other surgical locations ensures the best approaches to spine surgery and results.
- Understand the spine from all angles with multiple-viewpoint, full-color photographs, and illustrations.
"With this book and its online component, readers will easily develop a three-dimensional, step-by-step view of the various surgical approaches. Also, with the emphasis on the clinical implications of each surgical approach and explanations of the spinal disorder being treated, readers will get to know the opinions of various experts about the surgical approaches." - Ramsis Farid Ghaly, MD, FACS(Ghaly Neurosurgical Associates) Doody Review: 87/100
By Daniel H. Kim, MD, FACS, Professor, Director of Spinal Neurosurgery and Reconstructive Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX; Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, PhD, FACS, Professor, Department of Orthopedics and Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University and the Rothman Institute; Co-Chief Surgery and Co-Director Spine, Delaware Valley Spinal Cord Injury Center, Philadelphia, PA; Curtis A. Dickman, MD, Director of Spinal Research, Associate Chief, Spine Section, Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joesph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ; Dosang Cho, MD, PhD; SangKook Lee, MD and Ilsup Kim, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, St. Vincent's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea