Equine Emergencies, 4th Edition
Treatment and Procedures
Respond quickly and confidently to equine emergenciesTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Respond quickly and confidently to emergency situations with the only text dedicated entirely to equine emergency treatment. The latest edition of this reliable manual is vastly expanded to encompass a wide range of new and evolving topics in horse care, with thorough, step-by-step procedures for the most effective emergency treatment. Portable for use in the clinic or in the field and presented for the first time in full color, it’s your one-source guide for complete equine emergency support.
- Essential examination, diagnostic, and treatment information for each body system is presented in a logical format so you can quickly find answers during equine emergencies.
- What to Do and What Not to Do boxes guide you through the step-by-step treatment of an emergency and draw your attention to important steps to take and those to avoid.
- High-quality photographs and illustrations visually clarify key concepts and guide you through procedures step by step.
- 12 new chapters help you ensure biosecurity and treat a variety of increasingly common emergency conditions, including diarrheal, infectious, and zoonotic diseases.
- Revised Organ Systems section presents content in a more user-friendly, timesaving format.
- What to Do and What Not to Do headings identify proper care techniques and alert you to steps you should avoid.
- Updated drug dosage table improves treatment with accurate dosage information for many recently approved drugs.
- Full-color design distinguishes specific features within the text for quick reference in critical situations.