Study Guide for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 4th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of key nursing concepts and skillsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
This best-selling study guide is designed to assist students in understanding and applying the content presented in the second edition of Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing! Together with the textbook, this student learning guide will help students gain a solid understanding of the key principles, concepts, and skills they will need to succeed in their nursing education and career.
- Steps to Better Communication sections in each chapter include a vocabulary building glossary, NCLEX exam-style completion exercises, grammar and pronunciation exercises, and cultural issues.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN Examination include multiple-choice and alternate-format questions related to content in the textbook.
- Clinical Situations ask you to apply key concepts to nursing practice.
- Setting Priorities questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance - prioritization is one of the most important skills in nursing.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions help you make the connection between the nursing process and real-world patient care.
- Text page references make it easy to locate answers in the textbook.
- To the Student instructions provide study hints to ESL and non-ESL students.
• Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination include a variety of both multiple-choice and alternate-format review questions related to the textbook content
• Clinical Situations, application questions designed to stimulate critical thinking as applied to sample practice situations
By Susan C. deWit, MSN, RN, CNS, PHN, Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA and Patricia A. O'Neill, RN, MSN, CCRN, Nursing Instructor, DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA