Workbook for Health Insurance Today, 4th Edition
A Practical Approach
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
Corresponding to the chapters in Health Insurance Today, 4th Edition, this workbook lets you practice the skills you will need to succeed as a health insurance professional. Practical assignments reinforce the information in the text, and learning activities and exercises challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Key coverage of new topics includes medical identity theft and prevention, National Quality Forum (NQF) patient safety measures, ACSX12 Version 5010 HIPAA transaction standards, EMS rule on mandatory electronic claims submission, and standards and implementation specifications for electronic health record technology.
- UPDATED! Additional ICD-10 coding content prepares you for the upcoming switch to the new coding system.
UPDATED! Medicare chapter reflects updates and changes from the new presidential administration.
- Case studies ask you to solve a real-world problem related to health insurance, such as completing a CMS-1500 claim form or explaining how HIPAA could affect someone recently out of work.
- Critical Thinking activities strengthen your ability to apply health insurance concepts to a variety of challenging situations.
- Performance objectives include hands-on, application-based learning activities in areas such as completing claim forms, posting payments to a patient's ledger, filling out Release to Return to Work forms, and filling out Medicare appeals.
- Chapter assessments test your knowledge of text content with multiple choice, true/false, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and matching questions.
- Application exercises ask you to apply your knowledge and skills to real-world situations.
- Defining Chapter Terms help you review and understand key terms in each chapter.
- Problem solving/collaborative (group) activities emphasize the importance of teamwork in the health care field.
- In-class projects and discussion topics enhance your understanding of specific content from the text.
- Internet Exploration exercises in each chapter help you learn how to perform research online.
By Janet I. Beik, AA, BA, MEd, Southeastern Community College (retired), Administrative Instructor, Medical Assistant Program, West Burlington, IA, USA