Musculoskeletal Imaging, 2nd Edition
In its fully revised and updated second edition, Musculoskeletal Imaging covers every aspect of musculoskeletal radiology. This medical reference book incorporates the latest diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques, as well as must-read topics such as hip, groin and cartilage imaging; newly described impingements; and new concepts in the hip including teres ligament pathology. Accessibility in print, online and across portable devices makes Musculoskeletal Imaging a fully searchable and dependable source for both reading and reference. This publication is a key title in the popular Expert Radiology Series, which delivers evidence-based expert guidance from around the globe.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Engage with more than 40 brand-new videos, including arthroscopic videos.
- Easily comprehend complicated material with over 5,000 images and new animations.
- Explore integrated clinical perspectives on the newest modalities such as PET-CT in cancer, diffusion MR, as well as ultrasonography, fusion imaging, multi-slice CT and nuclear medicine.
- Learn from team of international experts provides a variety of evidence-based guidance, including the pros and cons of each modality, to help you overcome difficult challenges.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Fully understand each topic with a format that delivers essential background information.
- Streamline the decision-making process with integrated protocols, classic signs, and ACR guidelines, as well as a design that structures every chapter consistently to include pathophysiology, imaging techniques, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Write the most comprehensive reports possible with help from boxes highlighting what the referring physician needs to know, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- Access in-depth case studies, valuable appendices, and additional chapters covering all of the most important musculoskeletal procedures performed today.
- Quickly locate important information with a full-color design that includes color-coded tables and bulleted lists highlighting key concepts, as well as color artwork that lets you easily find critical anatomic views of diseases and injuries.
"Each chapter contains anatomy, prevalence and epidemiology, biomechanics, pathology, clinical presentation, imaging and a synopsis of treatment. The international authorship (188 experts from 15 different countries) discuss almost every conceivable aspect of musculoskeletal radiology. This book is an absolute necessary standard and can be recommended without any restrictions by anyone who is interested in imaging of the musculoskeletal system. I wish it would have been available years ago." - Imhof H, Book review. Eur J Radiol (2009) doi:10.1016/j.ejrad.2009.01.031
By Thomas Pope, MD, FACR, Consultant Radiologist and Vice Chairman, Radisphere National Radiology Group, Isle of Palms, South Carolina ; Hans L. Bloem, MD, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands ; Javier Beltran, MD, FACR, Chairman, Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Clinical Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology, Radisphere National Radiology Group, Beachwood, Ohio ; William B. Morrison, MD, Professor, Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Director, Division of Musculoskeletal and General Diagnostic Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and David John Wilson, MBBS, BSc, MFSEM, FRCP, FRCR, Honorary Consultant Radiologist, Oxford University Hospitals, Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Oxford, Consultant Radiologist, St Lukes Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom