ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$84.95|
Gain a comprehensive introduction to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding all in one text! Whether you're transitioning from ICD-9-CM or learning to code for the first time, 2012 ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice delivers the fundamental understanding you need to prepare for the future of diagnosis coding in hospital and physician settings. Leading medical coding authorities Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger combine basic coding principles with proven, practical insight and the ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) to equip you for complete professional success in the changing medical coding field.Table of Contents
- Dedicated ICD-10-CM/PCS coverage thoroughly prepares you for the October 2013 ICD-10 implementation date.
- ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) provide fast, easy access to the latest codes and examples for proper application.
- Integrated medical record coverage familiarizes you with records and documents youÕll encounter on the job.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide you through this key component of the coding process.
- Line coding exercises and activities challenge you to apply chapter concepts to solve problems.
- A&P content in each coding chapter includes full-color illustrations and clarifies important anatomy and physiology concepts.
- Disease coverage details commonly encountered conditions related to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Procedure guidelines help you effectively apply ICD-10-PCS for coding success in inpatient facility settings.
- Drug data familiarizes you with medication names you may encounter in medical records for greater coding accuracy.
- Companion Evolve website provides convenient online access to ICD-10-CM/PCS guidelines, medical and surgical root operations definitions, MS-DRG list, and answer keys.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, BS, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H, Partner, Auditing & Coding Experts, LLC, Crofton, MD