Essential Clinical Procedures, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Written by foremost experts in the field, the 3rd Edition of Essential Clinical Procedures presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know as a physician assistant! Clear and concise, this medical reference book leads you step-by-step through over 70 techniques commonly seen in primary care and specialist settings, equipping you to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Understand the "must-know" aspects of the most commonly seen conditions with a systematic presentation featuring consistent headings and supporting color images.
- Quickly access core information through high-yield margin notes and consistent formatting across all chapters.
- Stay abreast of the latest procedures with a brand-new chapter and images on Reduction of the Shoulder/Finger Subluxations, plus many other updates throughout.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com!
- Visualize procedures and other important concepts clearly through over 300 high-quality illustrations.
- Ensure the safe execution of procedures with a focus on patient preparation and the proper use of instruments, as well as highlighted warnings to alert you to potential dangers that can occur when performing various treatments.
- Be fully prepared for any situation with guidance on the possible complications, rationales, and precautions behind many common procedures.
- Understand the ins and outs of nonprocedural issues, including informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
- Get all the hands-on guidance you need to provide safe and effective care to your patients with Essential Clinical Procedures!
REVIEW OF THE PREVIOUS EDITION:
"Congratulations are in order for University of Iowa faculty David Asprey and Richard Dehn...this text is the first clinical procedures text for PAs that has been published, likely filling a need in the clinical education arena. Congratulations to both Asprey and Dehn!"- Physicians Assistant Newsletter
By Richard W. Dehn, MPA, PA-C, Professor, College of Health and Human Services, Chair, Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Northern Arizona University Phoenix Biomedical Campus, Phoenix, Arizona and David P. Asprey, PhD, PA-C, Professor and Chair, Department of Physician Assistant Studies and Services, Assitant Dean, Office of Student Affairs and Curriculum, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa