Workbook for The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding 2012 Edition
Get additional practice and simulate the professional coding experience! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding, 2012 Edition, this practical workbook lets you practice coding with actual medical records for a realistic coding experience. It will help you develop skills in critical thinking, pull the right information from documents, select the right codes, and determine the correct sequencing of those codes. It's great preparation for the coding you will encounter on the job!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content reflects the latest developments in coding so you can practice with the most current information.
- Realistic patient cases simulate the professional coding experience by using actual medical records (with personal patient details changed or removed), allowing you to practice coding with advanced material.
- Original source documents provide real-world experience with coding from physician documentation.
- Challenging review cases help you apply textbook knowledge to actual medical record documentation.
- A two-color design makes it easy to find specific features and streamlines your review and practice.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN