The Practice Step: Physician-Based Coding Cases, 2012 Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$63.95|
Perfect your coding skills and position yourself for career advancement with real-world physician-based coding practice developed by leading coding educator Carol J. Buck. The Practice Step: Physician-Based Coding Cases, 2012 Edition presents realistic patient cases specific to outpatient physician settings to give you the extra practice you need to remain competitive in the medical coding marketplace, learn to code with both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM, and prepare for the CPCµ/SUP> and CCS-P certification exams.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! ICD-10-CM codes accompany ICD-9-CM answers for all coding cases to help you prepare for the October 2013 ICD-10-CM implementation date.
- More than 130 cases covering 18 specialties provide comprehensive physician-based coding practice and reflect the latest CPC® and CCS-P certification exam outlines.
- Abstracting questions test your knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Visually engaging design makes coding concepts more approachable.
- Detailed rationales, ICD-9-CM code updates, and practical tips on a companion Evolve website enhance your coding accuracy and help you code more efficiently.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN