Odze and Goldblum Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
NOT YET PUBLISHED
The updated edition of Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas is designed to act as a one-stop medical reference book for the entire gastrointestinal system, providing exhaustive coverage and equipping you with all of the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup. You'll access thousands of high-quality illustrations and eight brand-new chapters, so you can recognize and diagnose any pathological slide you encounter.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay abreast of the latest advances with eight new chapters: Autoimmune Disorders of the GI Tract; Drug Induced Disorders of the GI Tract; Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms; Molecular Diagnostics of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree, and Pancreatic Tumors; Tumors of the Ampulla; Molecular Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Neoplasms; Approach to the Liver Biopsy, and Approach to Gastrointestinal Tract Biopsies.
- Remain at the forefront of your field with coverage of new molecular and genetic markers in GI neoplasms; updated knowledge on liver and biliary tree pathology; and expanded information on tumors of the ampulla.
- Recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope with help from over 3000 high-quality color illustrations.
- Make a comprehensive diagnostic workup with data from ancillary techniques and molecular findings whenever appropriate.
- Effectively grasp complex topics and streamline decision-making by using extensive tables, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Avoid diagnostic errors thanks to practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
- Navigate the book quickly with a "road map" featured at the beginning of each chapter.
- Provide the clinician with the most accurate and up-to-date diagnostic and prognostic indicators, including key molecular aspects of tumor pathology, with access to the latest classification and staging systems available.
- Evaluate diagnostically challenging cases using diagnostic algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable text online at Expert Consult.
“Deserves the attention of the entire pathology and gastroenterology community … An absolute must for your sign-out room and departmental library" Modern Pathology, review of previous edition
"This is a considerably improved second edition of an excellent book that was well received by pathologists worldwide five years ago. It belongs on the list of essential pathology texts and should be in all departmental pathology libraries as well as general medical libraries. That way it could be used as a reference by nonpathologists, including internists,surgeons, and radiologists." Doody's Book Review, 4 Stars ****
"The 2nd edition of this multiauthor GI pathology textbook is a must-have for pathologists practising lumenal pathology of the GI tract" Pathlab.org, October 2009
By Robert D. Odze, MD, FRCP(C), Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Director of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA and John R. Goldblum, MD, FCAP, FASCP, FACG, Chairman, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Professor of Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio