Retina, 5th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition: Enhanced Online Features and Print, 3-Volume Set
2013 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Surgical Specialties!
Unequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today's new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology, this monumental ophthalmology reference work equips you with expert answers to virtually any question you may face in practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Make the best use of new technologies
- Apply the latest knowledge on anti-VEGF therapy for age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and vein disease.
- Learn about artificial vision, drug delivery to the posterior segment, advances in macular surgery, vitrectomy, and complex retinal detachment, with updates on tumors, retinal genetics, cell biology, important basic science topics, and much more.
- Get the most out of new pharmacologic approaches in the management of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- In your practice, diagnostic evaluations, and now even treatments, will be influenced by recent scientific discoveries such as in the areas of nanotechnology, neuro protection, stem cells and gene therapy, among other scientific contributions.
- View videos of surgical procedures and access the complete contents of Retina, 5th Edition online at www.expertconsult.com, fully searchable, with regular updates and a downloadable image gallery.
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia the Americas.
- Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.
- Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
"This is an exhaustive reference for everything retina. It provides both physicians and scientists with the most relevant studies all in one place.
With over 300 authors, it provides a global perspective.
This book stands with the very best retinal and ophthalmology references. In this quickly changing and evolving field, this update will be welcomed by all practitioners." - Christopher B Chambers, MD(Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Doody 5 stars!
By Stephen J. Ryan, MD, President, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, CA; Andrew P. Schachat, MD, Vice Chairman, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
; Charles P. Wilkinson, MD, Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center; Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA; David R. Hinton, MD, Gavin S. Herbert Professor of Retinal Research; Professor of Pathology and Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
; SriniVas R. Sadda, MD, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Doheny Eye Institue, Los Angeles, CA, USA
and Peter Wiedemann, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany