Medical Coding Online 2012 for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition (User Guide & Access Code)
Get the flexibility to decide when and where you want to learn medical coding with Medical Coding Online 2012 for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition. Perfect for reinforcing the important concepts of the Step-by-Step textbook, this complete online coding course offers self-study, assessment, and the latest coverage of ICD-10-CM, ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS, reimbursement, and inpatient coding all in one. Concise lessons incorporate narrated slide shows, hotlinked concepts, figures, photographs, interactive exercises, professional insights, and more to help you effectively master the basics of medical coding right from your own computer.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content gives you practice with the most current coding information available.
- Primary focus on ICD-10-CM prepares you for the upcoming transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM in October 2013.
- Dual coding in chapters 13-31 (where both ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM answers are provided for every question with an ICD answer) ensures you can code using the systems of both today and tomorrow.
- ICD/HCPCS illustrations familiarize you with professional level code books.
- From the Trenches quotes offer valuable, up-to-date insights from instructors and professionals in the medical coding field.
- Unique interactive exercises include a specially created case-based coding activity (including sequencing), as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Lesson synopses reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- Full-color art program features more than 125 figures throughout the program to enhance your learning.
- Approximately 10-15 slide shows with audio narration communicate complex concepts that are difficult to convey with static illustrations.
- Hypertext links offer additional resources to further your learning.
- "Hot" terms/concepts within the text provide definitions in a single click.
- Glossary includes approximately 650 terms and definitions.
- Chapter assessment questions allow you to demonstrate your mastery of chapter content online.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN