Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition
Strengthen your ability to code accurately and obtain the correct reimbursement for medical services with this helpful workbook. Specifically designed to parallel the content of Carol J. Buck's Step-By-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition, it provides more than 1,000 questions and terminology exercises (with odd numbered answers provided) that cover both the ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis coding systems, and includes over 90 original source documents to familiarize you with the materials you'll encounter in practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Primary focus on ICD-10 prepares you for the upcoming 2013 transition with plenty of theory, practical exercises, and report activities covering the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system.
- Updated content reflects the latest coding developments so you can practice with the most current information available.
- Over 90 original source documents provide real-world experience to prepare you for employers' expectations.
- Dual coding in chapters 13-31 (where both ICD-10 and ICD-9 answers are provided for every question with an ICD answer) ensures you can code using the systems of both today and tomorrow.
- More than 1,000 questions and terminology exercises familiarize you with documents you will encounter in practice.
- Consistent question format with odd numbered answers provided mirrors the format of the main text to improve your coding skills and promote critical thinking.
- Original reports, cleared of all confidential information, simulate real-world experience in areas such as:
- Fracture repair with skeletal fixation
- Muscle repair
- Cesarean delivery
- Tubal ligation
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN