Pierson and Fairchild's Principles & Techniques of Patient Care - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Print - Spiral Bound||$98.95|
New to This Edition
- NEW! Video clips and skills activities on companion Evolve site illustrate the techniques and procedures described in the text.
- NEW! Content based on the ICF model, the model currently endorsed by the APTA and AOTA, reflects the current theories and practice guidelines of physical and occupational therapy.
- NEW! Information on professionalism teaches about the guidelines that currently exist and how to apply those guidelines to patient interactions.
- Clearly written instructions and full-color illustrations on patient care techniques and procedures cover topics such as proper lifting, patient transfers, basic wound care, and assessment of vital signs.
- Insight into rationales and physiological principles explain why specific techniques and procedures are used.
- More than 700 full-color photographs vividly demonstrate proper performance of techniques and procedures used in the assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Procedure boxes throughout the text offer additional tips for optimal assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Self-study and problem solving activities promote decision-making and problem solving skills.
By Sheryl L. Fairchild, BS, PT, Director, Rehab/Wellness, Memorial Hermann Northeast, Humble, TX