ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice with ICD-10, 2013/2014 Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Learn to code effectively with ICD-9-CM medical coding and gain a thorough introduction to ICD-10-CM/PCS coding with one book! ICD-9-CM Coding, 2013/2014 Edition combines basic coding principles with proven, practical insight and the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to prepare you for the upcoming implementation of ICD-10-CM/PCS. Whether you're learning to code for the first time or making the transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM/PCS, leading medical coding authors Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger deliver the fundamental understanding you need to succeed in hospital and physician settings.Table of Contents
- Both ICD-9-CM codes and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes are shown in all coding exercises and examples (including answer keys).
- Emphasis on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding prepares you for the upcoming implementation of ICD-10.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide you through this key component of the coding process.
- Line coding exercises and activities challenge you to apply concepts to solve problems.
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are included in each coding chapter, immediately following the ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
- Full-color A&P content, disease coverage, procedure guidelines, and drug data ensure that you’re familiar with key topics affecting medical coding.
- Medical record coverage introduces the records and documents you’ll encounter on the job.
- Updated Coding Clinic references direct you to the definitive coding resource from the American Hospital Association (AHA).
- A companion Evolve website provides convenient online access to the OGCR, medical and surgical root operations definitions, a MS-DRG list, partial answer keys, and more.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, BS, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H, Partner, Auditing & Coding Experts, LLC, Crofton, MD