ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice with ICD-10, 2013/2014 Edition
Learn to code effectively with ICD-9-CM medical coding and gain a thorough introduction to ICD-10-CM/PCS coding with one book! ICD-9-CM Coding, 2013/2014 Edition combines basic coding principles with proven, practical insight and the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to prepare you for the upcoming implementation of ICD-10-CM/PCS. Whether you're learning to code for the first time or making the transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM/PCS, leading medical coding authors Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger deliver the fundamental understanding you need to succeed in hospital and physician settings.Table of Contents
- Both ICD-9-CM codes and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes are shown in all coding exercises and examples (including answer keys).
- Emphasis on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding prepares you for the upcoming implementation of ICD-10.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide you through this key component of the coding process.
- Line coding exercises and activities challenge you to apply concepts to solve problems.
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are included in each coding chapter, immediately following the ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
- Full-color A&P content, disease coverage, procedure guidelines, and drug data ensure that you’re familiar with key topics affecting medical coding.
- Medical record coverage introduces the records and documents you’ll encounter on the job.
- Updated Coding Clinic references direct you to the definitive coding resource from the American Hospital Association (AHA).
- A companion Evolve website provides convenient online access to the OGCR, medical and surgical root operations definitions, a MS-DRG list, partial answer keys, and more.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, BS, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H, Partner, Auditing & Coding Experts, LLC, Crofton, MD