Sande's HIV/AIDS Medicine, 2nd Edition
Medical Management of AIDS 2013
Limited Stock - Order Soon
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Access the latest information available in the challenging area of HIV/AIDS management with Sande's HIV/AIDS Medicine, 2nd Edition. Authored by a veritable "who’s who" of current global experts in the field, this medical reference book will provide you with all the practical, indispensable guidance you’ll need to offer your patients the best possible care.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get the most relevant information available on pediatric HIV and AIDS issues; anti-retroviral drugs, including integrase inhibitors; and the use of second- and third-line anti-retroviral drugs in resource-poor settings.
- Stay current on the latest actionable information, such as using antiretroviral therapy in patients with tuberculosis and drug-resistant tuberculosis; antiretroviral therapy; immune reconstitution inflammatory syndromes (IRIS); and implementation of the HPV vaccine.
- Access reliable, up-to-the-minute guidance that addresses the realities of HIV/AIDS management in your geographical region, thanks to contributions from a global cast of renowned expert clinicians and researchers.
- Locate the clinically actionable information you need quickly with an organization that mirrors the current state of the AIDS epidemic and the different needs of Western vs. developing-world patients and clinicians.
- Diagnose AIDS manifestations confidently by comparing them to clinical images.
- Improve patient outcomes with the latest findings on the management of AIDS as a chronic illness.
- Efficiently review essential data through numerous at-a-glance tables.
"In addition to the most important aspects of HIV infection, the book also covers global epidemiology, a real plus. Readers will be delighted with chapters on the biology of the virus, HIV prevention, antiretroviral therapy, and antiretroviral pharmacology. Much of the book is devoted to chapters on diseases associated with HIV infection. Special chapters detail management of mother-to-child transmission, adolescents, substance abuse, and travel medicine in the setting of HIV infection. This book is published in both print and electronic formats. The editors note that it is offered in a version for more resource-rich settings and in an overlapping but distinct version for "the resource-constrained 'South.
There is no other book available that provides such an amount of detail in a compendium format. It is an excellent resource that will satisfy most readers." - Uriel Sandkovsky, MD, FACP(University of Nebraska Medical Center) Doody 4 stars
"This is a comprehensive resource for infectious diseases physicians working in the developed and developing world. It’s authored by a veritable 'who’s who of global expertise' - the chapters stand out as they are written by real experts." - BMA Book Awards 2008 - Commended
Edited by Paul Volberding, Senior Clinical Research Fellow;Marvin Sleisenger Professor and Vice Chair;Department of Medicine University of California San Francisco;San Francisco, CA, USA ; Warner Greene, Director, Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology; Nick and Sue Hellmann Distinguished Professor of Translational Medicine; Professor of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology; University of California, San Francisco; San Francisco, CA ; Joep M. A. Lange, MD, Professor of Medicine; Global Health; Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam; Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development; Amsterdam; The Netherlands ; Joel E. Gallant, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology;Associate Director, Johns Hopkins AIDS Service;Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine;Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine;Baltimore, MD, USA and Nelson Sewankambo