Netter's Essential Histology, 2nd Edition
with Student Consult Access
Netter’s Essential Histology integrates gross anatomy and embryology with classic histology slides and cutting-edge scanning electron microscopy to give you a rich visual understanding of this complex subject. This histology textbook-atlas has a strong anatomy foundation and utilizes a variety of visual elements - including Netter illustrations and light and electron micrographs - to teach you the most indispensible histologic concepts and their clinical relevance. Excellent as both a reference and a review, Netter’s Essential Histology will serve you well at any stage of your healthcare career.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Thoroughly comprehend how function is linked to structure through brand-new electron micrographs, many of which have been enhanced and colorized to show ultra-structures in 3D.
- Gain a rich understanding of this vital subject through the succinct explanatory histology text.
- Learn to recognize both normal and diseased structures at the microscopic level with the aid of succinct explanatory text as well as numerous clinical boxes.
- Access the entire contents and ancillary components online at Student Consult, view images and histology slides at different magnifications, and watch new narrated video overviews of each chapter.
- Take your learning one step further with the purchase of Netter's Histology Flash Cards (sold separately), designed to reinforce your understanding of how the human body works in health as well as illness and injury.
"Covers all of basic human microscopic anatomy from the cell through tissues and organ systems. Because of the generous use of Frank Netter illustrations, the book is successful in bridging the gap between gross anatomy and microscopic anatomy. Since it is also an atlas, microscopic images are liberally used throughout. "Clinical points" provide the link to diseases. Purchasers of the book also have access to online resources such as videos, digitized light microscopic slides, and zoomable electron microscopic images. The text acts as an expanded legend to the accompanying illustrations. The information is delivered in small, reader-friendly chunks. Unlike other established books in histology, this one includes the text and images on the same page." George K. Niiro, PhD (Midwestern University), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 4 Stars!
By William K. Ovalle, PhD, University of British Columbia, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Vancouver, BC, Canada and Patrick C. Nahirney, PhD, Professor of Anatomy and Histology, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada