Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing, 9th Edition
Techniques of Manual Examination and Performance Testing
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$96.95|
A practical handbook on evaluating muscular strength and function, Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination and Performance Testing, 9th Edition makes it easy to understand and master procedures in manual muscle testing and performance testing. Clear, illustrated instructions provide a guide to patient positioning, direction of motion, and direction of resistance. In addition to muscle testing of normal individuals and others with weakness or paralysis, this edition includes new coverage of alternative strength tests and performance tests for older adults and others with functional decline (such as the inactive and obese). Written by educators Helen J. Hislop, Dale Avers, and Marybeth Brown, this classic physical therapy reference now features an Evolve companion website with video clips demonstrating key muscle testing techniques.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW chapters on performance testing cover functional strength testing in older adults and those with functional decline, and testing muscle performance in various clinical settings.
- NEW chapters on manual muscle testing address when to use manual muscle testing, the limitations of manual muscle testing, and alternatives to manual muscle testing.
- UPDATED references for each chapter include the most current evidence-based information.
- NEW! An Evolve companion website helps you hone your manual testing skills with video clips of over 100 muscle tests and with the Ready Reference Anatomy Guide.
- Drawings and arrows along with clear written directions make it easy to understand and perform muscle testing procedures, allowing you to assess deficits in strength, balance, and range of motion.
- More than 600 illustrations clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation.
- Video clips of over 100 muscle tests on the Evolve companion website demonstrate the art and technique of muscle testing in a clinical setting.
- Details of muscle anatomy and innervation help in linking muscle topography with function.
- Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
- A constant reference number clearly identifies each muscle in the body, indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region as well as in the Ready Reference Anatomy Manual on Evolve, to speed cross-referencing and help you quickly identify any muscle.
"Well presented in a ring binder format which actually makes reading the book considerably easier if you wanted to use it for direct reference with a patient in front of you. The book can remain open on the desired page while you perform the test... The book is well put together and encompasses every muscle in the body in a very clear and concise manner. there are very clear diagrams of the muscles with accompanying nerve supply."
Physical Therapy in Sport, February 2014
By Helen Hislop, PhD, ScD, FAPTA, Professor Emerita, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; Dale Avers, PT, DPT, PhD, Director, Transitional DPT Program, Department of Physical Therapy Education, College of Health Professions, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY and Marybeth Brown, PT, PhD, FACSM, FAPTA, Professor Department of Physical Therapy University of Missouri School of Health Professions Columbia, Missouri